About Me

My photo
Ello, my name is Chaotic Asylum (or Val for those who know me outside of IMVU). I created this blog for my podcasting class but I will most likely be using this blog after the class is over(if i remember) I am a very random person that loves to spend time with friends, family and to edit stuff like pictures. I also LOVE to take pictures as well

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Lets Take A Walk

This is my soundscape I made for my art class. I used the program audacity to create my own piece from the sounds I collected while walking around the Ohio State University Campus in Mansfield. The sounds that attracted me the most where they ones that were loud and could fill up a room such as footsteps, music, people talking or moving furniture around. At first I wasnt sure of what to do, but once I started I decided to take sounds from each building that I went into while recording sounds and put them together as if it was in one building. Some sounds I had to make softer so they did not drown out all the other sounds.

2 comments:

  1. I like how the music filtered in and out, as if it were riding on a wisp of air as you walked by...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The piece is layered and complex... I find myself getting pleasantly lost in the various voices, sounds, and music...There are footsteps that "guide" me throughout the entire piece...I hear doors opening and closing, almost as if the protagonist is taking a moving throughout a space...The sounds get louder and softer...they pan from ear to ear...they surround me and give me a sense of space and distance...
    The piece ends with the beeping of an elevator...I feel as though I am traveling up the elevator towards something unknown...

    ReplyDelete