About Me

My photo
Ello, my name is Chaotic Asylum (or Val for those who know me outside of IMVU). I created this blog for my podcasting class but I will most likely be using this blog after the class is over(if i remember) I am a very random person that loves to spend time with friends, family and to edit stuff like pictures. I also LOVE to take pictures as well

Monday, January 9, 2012

LISTEN!

I was at the Oho State University Mansfield Library.

From 3:45 to 3:55

When I first started to listen to my surroundings, a cell phone went off with a sharp high pitched sound. Lasting for only few seconds, the room grows quiet again. It’s not long until someone place their book bag on the ground and begins opening. The zipper making a quick sound before the person beings pulling things out of the bag and placing them softly on the table. In the distant someone is continuously rustling through some papers.  The same cell phone goes off once again making the same high pitched sound as before.  While the phone is going off, someone coughs loudly and abrasively starts to clear their throats.
                A monitor is turned on, the beeping from it echoes softly throughout the room. Behind me a girl turns to pages of her book, and beings to underline whatever she is reading. Off at the other end of the room, someone is loudly moving their stuff around before dropping a book on the floor. A girl behind me is softly whispering to someone for about three minutes before falling quiet again. Another person coughs while someone is walking towards where I am sitting, their pants swishing together with each step that they take. When they get to the table in front of me, the set their stuff down on the floor and pulls out the chair, making a scratching sound against the floor. They unzip their backpack and being taking their books out and placing them on the table. The girl behind me begins to softly talk again when the ten minutes are up.

1 comment:

  1. It was a great idea to choose a "quiet" location for this exercise! Very interesting results!

    ReplyDelete